33% of Americans consider adoption. 79% of those are concerned about the costs. Only 2% actually complete an adoption!
One of the primary reasons preventing families from following through is the high cost. Another is not knowing that domestic foster care adoptions cost little to nothing. Our desire is to help educate families about all types of adoption, to remove barriers and misinformation, and provide smart financial solutions during the adoption process and beyond.
Despite the fact that adoption can be expensive, there has never been a better time to adopt without debt. However, with so much information scattered across the Web, finding adoption grants and fundraising resources can be confusing and overwhelming. Since launching Fund Your Adoption, we’ve put together an extensive collection of adoption resources to guide you through the adoption journey and help you adopt debt free.
Help families overcome all of the financial barriers of adoption. Nothing less.
Provide the most informative, up-to-date financial resources that empower families to adopt debt free.
- We believe that every child deserves to be in a permanent, loving family. No one should ever grow up in an institution.
- We believe that each adoption should be in the best interest of the child.
- We believe in transparency and ethical adoption practices and we are committed to honest, informed conversation about the benefits and challenges associated with adoption.
- We believe in Family Preservation. Whenever possible, children should remain in the care of their biological parents or relatives. Economic hardship is a leading cause in the breakdown of families and children being sent to orphanages. This is simply not acceptable and we must find ways to empower and strengthen families economically.
- We believe international adoption is one of many ways that we care for orphaned and abandoned children. It is not the first or only solution.
- We believe that no family should ever have to go into long-term debt to adopt a child. There are literally thousands of ways to cover all the costs of adoption.
Hot Topic: International Adoption
There is a lot of debate surrounding international adoption. The issue is complex and each situation is unique. Fund Your Adoption believes international adoption is part of the solution for orphaned children living in institutions. International adoption should not be pursued as the first or only solution. Whenever possible, orphaned and vulnerable children (OVC) should remain in their immediate and extended families. However, in some instances, permanent placement of children with family members is not possible. In these situations, international adoption is a better alternative than growing up in an institution.
Click here to read more about the importance of family preservation and the priority of care for orphaned and vulnerable children.