In this episode of the Fund Your Adoption Podcast, I interview my wife and FYA Co-Founder Lori Resmer. Together, we discuss our adoption fundraising journey and how we raised more than $47K to adopt debt-free. Lori and I talk about overcoming our financial fears, starting out with a limited income and nothing saved up, resources we used along the way, fundraisers we held and adoption grants we applied for. We also discuss various tips to help you be more successful with your fundraisers and grant applications.
What Is Covered In This Episode
- Our initial fears and concerns about financing adoption when our annual household income was just over $51K when we started the process.
- How we funded our adoption with specific fundraisers and grants.
- Fundraising successes and challenges we experienced along the way.
- Specific adoption grants and the amounts we were awarded.
- How we promoted our adoption fundraisers on our blog and social media.
- Tips for starting the fundraising process and ways to improve your success when applying for adoption grants.
Adoption Resources Highlighted
- Julie Gumm – Adoption Fundraising Guru
- You Can Adopt Without Debt – Julie’s Book
- JSC Foundation – Adoption Grant
- Show Hope – Adoption Grant
- Families Outreach – Adoption Grant
- Lifesong For Orphans – Matching Adoption Grant
- Medi-Share – Christian Healthcare Sharing and Adoption Grant
- The Adoption Funding Kit – Grant Matrix
Feedback On The Podcast
If you have any suggestions to improve the show or questions for upcoming episodes, leave a comment below. If you enjoyed this podcast, we’d be extremely grateful if you would take a minute and leave an honest review on iTunes (once on that page, simply click on the “View in iTunes” button to leave your review). Knowledge is power and your reviews truly are an opportunity for you to help us reach other families that will greatly benefit from this podcast. Thank you!