In this episode of the Fund Your Adoption Podcast, I interview Hank Fortener, the Founder of World Adoption Day and AdoptTogether, the world’s first adoption crowdfunding site. Since it launched in 2012, AdoptTogether has helped more than 1,000 families raise over $4.5 million to bring children into permanent families through adoption.
What Is Covered In This Episode
- The vision of AdoptTogether and how it has become the first and largest crowdfunding platform exclusively for adoption
- The inspiring story of Hank’s parents fostering 36 kids in 7 years, having 3 biological children and adopting 8 more from 6 different countries
- How AdoptTogether works and keys to a successful adoption crowdfunding campaign
- The explosive growth of adoption crowdfunding and how a humble goal of serving 25 families in Year 1 has turned into more than 1,000 adoptive families since launching in 2012
- The inspiration and story behind World Adoption Day
Adoption Resources Highlighted
AdoptTogether – Adoption Crowdfunding Site
Fund Your Adoption – Helping Families Adopt Debt-Free
GoFundMe – Popular Online Fundraising Website
World Adoption Day – Worldwide Celebration of Adoption
National Adoption Day – Day of Awareness For U.S. Foster Care
Orphan Sunday – Christian Movement to Defend Orphaned Children
Feedback On The Podcast
If you have any suggestions to improve the show or questions for upcoming episodes, leave a comment below. If you enjoyed this podcast, we’d be extremely grateful if you would take a minute and leave an honest review on iTunes (once on that page, simply click on the “View in iTunes” button to leave your review). Knowledge is power and your reviews truly are an opportunity for you to help us reach other families that will greatly benefit from this podcast. Thank you!