In this episode of the Fund Your Adoption Podcast, I interview Becky Fawcett, the Founder and Executive Director of Helpusadopt.org. Becky and her husband Kipp founded the organization in 2007 to help families and individuals overcome the financial hurdles of adoption. Helpusadopt.org provides life-changing adoption grants up to $15,000 and, since inception, has assisted 124 families and awarded over $1 million to adoptive families.
What Is Covered In This Episode
- The inspiration and vision for Helpusadopt.org
What makes Helpusadopt.org unique
- Who should apply for adoption grants, at what point in the process and for what types of adoptions
- The type of questions included in the grant application and how often families can apply
Common mistakes people make on their grant applications
- The importance of sharing your adoption story and why you need the money
- How Helpusadopt.org determines who will be awarded adoption grants
The number of grants awarded each year and the average amount
- Advice about applying for adoption grants to improve your chances for success
Adoption Resources Highlighted
- Adoption Grants – List of More Than 60 Grants
- Adoptive Families Magazine
Feedback On The Podcast
If you have any suggestions to improve the show or questions for upcoming episodes, leave a comment below. If you enjoyed this podcast, we’d be extremely grateful if you would take a minute and leave an honest review on iTunes (once on that page, simply click on the “View in iTunes” button to leave your review). Knowledge is power and your reviews truly are an opportunity for you to help us reach other families that will greatly benefit from this podcast. Thank you!